Permits   (419) 468-2642

Need A Permit?
Ohio Codes
Plan Submission
Alarm System Permit
Alley/Street Permit
Building Permit
Commercial/ Business
Curb Cut Permit
Demolition Permit
Driveway Permit
Electrical Permit
Fence Permit
Food Service Permits
Mobile Home Permit
Outbuilding Permit
Plumbing Permit
Pool Permit
Sanitary Sewer Permit
Satellite Dish Permit
Sidewalk Permit
Storm Sewer Permit
Street/Alley Permit
Tree Trimming Permit
Water Tap Permit
Water Meter Installation
Zoning Permit
Zoning Fees
Zoning Variance
Tree Trimming Permit

Galion has been designated as an official "Tree City U.S.A." by the State of Ohio and keeps a tree inventory.

Any tree trimming or removal that involves a tree on or overhanging city right-of-way requires a permit. (Included: tree lawns, devil strips, alleys etc.) There is no fee for the permit, but you must hire a tree trimmer licensed with the City of Galion. Contact the City Building/Zoning Office, 301 Harding Way East; phone 419-468-2642.

If electric service is to be disconnected, the tree trimmer will need to provide written permission from the land owner or electric consumer prior to shut-off.

Street blocking or closing can be arranged through the Galion Police Department with a minimum of 24 hours notice.

Permit holder is responsible for clean up of chips, wood, brush and stump removal. The tree trimmer is responsible to the City in the instance of any damage to city property.

No inspection is needed.

Other permits you may need:

Home              Contact Us Private Policy  Legal NoticeDownload Adobe Acrobat Reader
Revised: 11/15/2012
 This website is created, sponsored and maintained by the City of Galion, Ohio. 
All materials, graphics and photos are owned and copyrighted and may not be copied, downloaded or used
 elsewhere without the written permission of the City of Galion, Ohio