Permits   Phone:  (419) 468-2642

Need A Permit?
Ohio Codes
Plan Submission
Alarm System Permit
Alley/Street Permit
Building Permit
Commercial/ Business
Curb Cut Permit
Demolition Permit
Driveway Permit
Electrical Permit
Fence Permit
Food Service Permits
Mobile Home Permit
Outbuilding Permit
Plumbing Permit
Pool Permit
Sanitary Sewer Permit
Satellite Dish Permit
Sidewalk Permit
Storm Sewer Permit
Street/Alley Permit
Tree Trimming Permit
Water Tap Permit
Water Meter Installation
Zoning Permit
Zoning Fees
Zoning Variance

A pool permit is needed for a pool over one foot in depth, including installation of an above-ground pool or construction of a permanent in-ground pool.

Set-back requirements are generally the same as those for any permanent structure. Pools are required to be protected from children accidentally accessing the area.

A minimum of 5' high fencing is required for in-ground pools, while railing that brings pool to a minimum of 5' off ground level with lock-up ladders are normally sufficient for above-ground pools.

The fencing needs of your particular installation can be reviewed when you apply for your permit. Contact the City Building/Zoning Office, at 301 Harding Way East, or call 419-468-2642.

For water rates for pool filling contact the City Utility Building Office Meter Department, City Annex, 115 Harding Way East. (Phone (419) 468-6614).

Inspection is required when complete


Required for permit:
Site Plan
Material List (fencing)

Other permits you may need:
Sanitary Sewer
Storm Sewer


Home              Contact Us Private Policy  Legal NoticeDownload Adobe Acrobat Reader
Revised: 11/15/2012
 This website is created, sponsored and maintained by the City of Galion, Ohio. 
All materials, graphics and photos are owned and copyrighted and may not be copied, downloaded or used
 elsewhere without the written permission of the City of Galion, Ohio