Permits   Phone:  (419) 468-2642

Need A Permit?
Ohio Codes
Plan Submission
Alarm System Permit
Alley/Street Permit
Building Permit
Commercial/ Business
Curb Cut Permit
Demolition Permit
Driveway Permit
Electrical Permit
Fence Permit
Food Service Permits
Mobile Home Permit
Outbuilding Permit
Plumbing Permit
Pool Permit
Sanitary Sewer Permit
Satellite Dish Permit
Sidewalk Permit
Storm Sewer Permit
Street/Alley Permit
Tree Trimming Permit
Water Tap Permit
Water Meter Installation
Zoning Permit
Zoning Fees
Zoning Variance
Building Permit - Residential

Any structure to be built or structurally altered requires a building permit. Any outbuildings larger than 8' x 10' such as detached garages or storage buildings also require a building permit.

Residential examples requiring a building permit include home or garage construction, porch (wood or concrete), deck, room additions, roofline changes and mobile home placements. Modular home placement requires a building permit along with applicable permits needed for "stick construction" homes.

Residential structural alterations requiring a building permit include moving walls, moving or adding a doorway or window, or changing the width of any of these that require a new support header. Replacement windows do not require a permit. Do not touch any area around a meter until you contact the City Line Department. For remote meters, contact the City Finance Department before touching.

If in doubt about whether your work requires a building permit, please call the City Building/Zoning Office at 419-468-2642.

Retain your building permit during the entire construction or alteration process. Post it in a window visible from the street.

If your proposed activity does not conform to the zoning ordinance, you may submit an appeal for a variance to the Galion Board of Zoning Appeals. Paperwork and fee must be received no later than the second Friday of each month at the City Building/Zoning Office for review at the next meeting.

Inspections needed:
Footer (prior to pouring footer, placing poles or for trailer pads)
Rough-In (before insulation or walls are covered)
Final (upon completion, but before use or occupancy)

Note: It is your responsibility to call the City Building/Zoning Office at 419-468-2642 to arrange inspections at least 48 hours before footer and rough-in inspection is needed and at least seven days before final inspection is needed.

Call Building and Zoning Department for building permit fees.

Required for permit:
Construction Plan
Site Plan
Material List

Other permits you may need:
Curb Cut
Sanitary Sewer
Storm Sewer
Street/Alley Tear-Up
Water Hook-Up



Home              Contact Us Private Policy  Legal NoticeDownload Adobe Acrobat Reader
Revised: 11/15/2012
 This website is created, sponsored and maintained by the City of Galion, Ohio. 
All materials, graphics and photos are owned and copyrighted and may not be copied, downloaded or used
 elsewhere without the written permission of the City of Galion, Ohio