Crawford County Land Bank

Land Banks are quasi-governmental corporations with the authority to take over vacant properties that have slipped into tax delinquency. Until September of 2016, Ohio only allowed land banks in counties with populations of at least 60,000. After Crawford County became eligible for a land bank, one was established by the county commissioners and county treasurer. 

The county recently received a $1.7 million grant to begin selecting blighted homes and acquiring them for demolition. Properties must be delinquent on taxes or donated by the owner in order to be eligible. Galion properties currently on the target list are:

538 East Walnut 969 Harding Way East
984 Allen 248 South St
329 E Church St 356 Oak St
322 E Church St 867 S Market St
221 N Washington St 608 S Market St
346 E Payne Ave 616 S Market St
540 N Columbus St 354 S Market St
701 N Columbus St 330 W Railroad St
393 Third Ave 516 S Boston St
1265 Harding Way East 411 S Boston St
375 Cherry St 178 Sixth St
391 W Atwood St 867 East Walnut
411 S Union St 407 Fairview Ave

As of July 12, 2017, a contract was awarded for demolition of the following Galion properties:

  • 248 South St
  • 356 Oak St
  • 407 Fairview Ave
  • 411 South Boston St
  • 867 East Walnut St
  • 1265 Harding Way East

End Use

After demolitions are complete, the Land Bank decides the end user for each property. Neighboring property owners may express interest in a Land Bank property by filling out a Residential Acquisition Application and submitting it to: 

Crawford County Land Reutilization Corporation

Attn: Barb McCullough

112 East Mansfield St, Ste 207

Bucyrus OH 44820