City Income Tax
- Mandatory filing for all residents of Galion age 18 and over, whether or not you earn an income, on or before April 15 of each year for the previous year.
- You should use the Medicare wage in box 5 or local wage in box 18 (whichever is higher) of the W-2 for income taxable to Galion.
- April 15 is the deadline for all extensions and returns.
- Lottery and gambling winnings are now taxable.
- If you own rentals, use the location of the rental when deciding which city tax is due.
- You may deduct contributions to section 125 cafeteria plans.
- Non-qualified deferred comp plans are now taxable upon deferral. A non-qualified deferred comp plan is any plan that does not fall in to the following categories:
c. IRA / set plans
d. Exempt government deferred plans
- If you are a resident of Galion, but work in another city, you can take a 1% maximum credit for taxes to that city.
Message from RITA
Effective Nov. 28, 2017, phone call volume through RITA's offices has risen to the point phone lines temporarily become saturated and some taxpayers may receive a "fast busy" or a message indicating their "call could not be completed as dialed."
This does not mean RITA's phone lines are down. At the point that total saturation may temporarily occur, hundreds of taxpayers will be receiving support from call center agents as well as obtaining tax information through RITA's automated phone service.
If you have any questions, please contact Member Services at email@example.com or 1-866-252-0913.